Saturday, September 12, 2009

Instruments for sale!

So here's one of the Ovations mentioned in my previous post, now for sale at Elderly. You can see it here: http://elderly.com/vintage/items/28U-2271.htm I used this one mostly for performances with GCD Demo Teams since of the 3 I owned (hey, I used to have 4!) it was the more traditional looking non-cutaway model. Also for sale at Elderly is the Eastman mandolin I used to own but never played: http://elderly.com/vintage/items/90U-5403.htm It's on consignment, so it's still technically mine, Elderly is selling it for me.
Now I have a quandary - when we were arranging the deal with Elderly for the 3 Ovations I decided to trade one of them in on a guitar from their used inventory (yes, I know - 3 out, 1 in, but that happens sometimes...), a Fender Ensenada ESV-10E. Now since this guitar was advertised as needing some work and being sold on an "as-is" basis, I had an idea of setting it up as a lap-style acoustic slide guitar (what with it's 12-fret neck, wide string spacing at the bridge, slotted peghead and built in pickup) by using a nut-extender and perhaps installing a flat bridge saddle. But when I actually received the guitar and got to play it I found it's actually in fairly decent playable shape (for me, anyway - I'm not that demanding apparently), so now I'm considering using it as a performance guitar for Demo Team - so what about that acoustic lap slide idea? Guess I'll have to keep looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment