Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mandolin family and a fond farewell to old friends

Changed strings on 2 instruments on Friday 9-4: the Trinity College mandolin (Darco D 500: .010p, .014p, .024w, .034w) and mandola (John Pearce 2250: .012p, .021w, .032w, .049w) in anticipation of playing for the LCD ECD that evening. Also, have recently said goodbye to 4 instruments: an Eastman mandolin I hardly ever played, and 3 Ovation classicals I played frequently when I was first learning to play for English Country dance. I used the Ovations for many GCD Demo team gigs + dances over the years. I'm now much more comfortable playing on steel-string guitars, also I most recently had the Ovations strung with John Pearce Thomastik Fingerstyle strings, which made them sound more like steel strings anyway. So, off they go to hopefully a new life with new owners...

No comments:

Post a Comment